Portrait Photographer London
Ten top tips to make the most of your shoot – portrait photographer London
So you’ve taken the plunge and booked in your shoot. Now it’s just a matter of brushing your hair and turning up isn’t it? It could well be as simple as that and far be it for me to complicate matters but if you really want to make the most of your portrait photography shoot there are a few ways to do so. After all, you won’t be doing this again for a long while – may as well do it the best way you possibly can! It’s not every day you employ a portrait photographer.
Some things to think about…
- The look. Think about the kind of look and feel you’re hoping to achieve. Is it purely a professional look or do you want to convey a warm, fun and friendly side to you too?
- Discuss. Make sure you’ve discussed all your requirements with the photographer. it’s best they know before the shoot exactly what you’re after so they can really have a good think and come up with the best options before the day.
- Location Make sure you know where you’re going, how to get there and how long it’ll take. There is NOTHING more stressful than losing your way, getting stuck in traffic then getting to your destination sweaty, hot and beetroot!
- Outfits. Choose your outfits, iron them and store them carefully in a bag ready to go. Although creases and any dirty spots can be taken out post-shoot it does make life a lot easier for the photographer if they’re not there in the first place! A nicely cleaned and ironed top will make you feel a lot better anyway. It’s all about the way you feel remember!
- Make sure you have all your favourite make-up ready for the morning. It’s always distressing to find that you can’t find your favourite lipstick at the last minute and have to make do with a colour you really don’t like on this day of all days!
- Wash and style your hair – if not having it done at the hairdresser beforehand. You really don’t want to be fussing with that in the morning. Especially if it decides not to behave suddenly and you have 10 mins before you need to leave!!
- Give your face a good cleanse with a face-pack or exfoliating wash. Not only will you feel gorgeous but your skin will glow that much more. Always good when having your close-up!!
- Make sure you’re not using any facial washes or make-up for the first time! Not only will you be uncomfortable if your skin decides it doesn’t like your new gear but an itchy allergic reaction never looks good!
- Drink plenty of water. The age-old adage – but it does work – apparently!
- Have an early night. This is not the evening to go clubbing or on a pub crawl. Get into bed!
Now go out there and get your business the face it deserves – yours!